The following guide demonstrates the recommended method for cleaning and disinfecting porous fabrics such as Cordura.
General Gym Cleaning and Disinfecting Guidelines:
1. Wear disposable gloves, a mask, and eye protection to clean and disinfect.
2. Ensure that there is adequate ventilation during cleaning and disinfecting.
3. Use an alcohol free, phenol free, bleach free, and ammonia free cleaner or wipe containing an EPA approved disinfectant, such as GymWipes Antibacterial product.
4. If a surface is visibly covered in chalk or dirt, clean that surface prior to using a disinfectant.
5. Not all surfaces need to be cleaned or disinfected with the same frequency. Areas that are frequently touched such as door handles, barbells, pull-up bars, dumbbells and medicine balls should be cleaned after every use, while other surfaces that are not touched as often can be cleaned less frequently.
6. A searchable list of CDC/EPA approved disinfectants that are effective against COVID-19 can be found here: https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-registration/list-n-advanced-search-page-disinfectants-coronavirus-covid-19
7. A list of CDC/EPA approved disinfectants that are effective against disease causing bacteria can be found here: https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-registration/list-h-epas-registered-antimicrobial-products-effective-against-methicillian